Call for Demonstrations
Host a hands-on demonstration at SRI2020 and showcase your innovation to hundreds of leaders, experts and changemakers in sustainability.
Applications are now open (January 22 – March 15) for Demonstration Sessions at SRI2020.
These sessions are particularly useful for, though not limited to, those who have developed innovations such as technologies and hardware, visual tools, creative installations and other physical and interactive assets for use in sustainability.
Each session will be allocated a 2.5-hour period in which multiple demonstrations or exhibits can be held in a high-traffic area of the event.
Demonstrations can be followed by a moderated discussion and questions from the audience.
- Demonstration teams (recommended no more than 2 people/team) will be allocated a 2.5 hour time period, during which multiple demonstrations or exhibits can be scheduled, or run on a rolling basis, to make up one session.
- Demonstration sessions will each receive a display table area within a high-traffic corridor on the main level of the venue adjacent to session meeting rooms.
- Demonstration proposals are encouraged to include interactive and innovative designs that increase audience participation, such as live audience polling, social media input, and other forms of interactivity.
- Demonstration presenters have the flexibility to decide the length of their presentation during their designated time slot, while also allocating time for audience interaction and participation.
- Duration of each demonstration must be no longer than 120 minutes, allowing 15 minutes on either end for set-up and tear-down.
- Sessions must be open to all conference attendees, and amenable to this ‘pop-up’ style, whereby attendees may come and go in the open floor plan.
- Session facilitators must share a one-page wrap-up report, or a short video or audio file to conference organizers. The report should summarize activities, outcomes and future plans for sharing material or build on the session outcomes beyond the conference, and must be submitted by July 15, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan 30: Early-bird registration opens
- Mar 1: Call for speakers in ‘Popcorn Sessions’ closes
- Mar 15: Call for demonstrations closes
- Apr 1: Program published
- Apr 15: Early bird registration deadline closes, regular registration continues